Terms and Conditions must be accepted in order to commence with the commission. If you have any concerns, please reach out to me at elefluff (at) gmail (dot) com.
01 General Terms
Prices are subject to change based on demand and availability.
I have the right to reject any commission for any reason.
Currency accepted is USD and payments will be handled through PayPal’s invoice system. If you cannot use PayPal for any reason, reach out and we can negotiate.
Payments can be made either 100% upfront or split 50% upfront and 50% after sketch approval.
Do not send payment without first having received an invoice.
03 Process & Delivery
Commission will take between 1-5 weeks (up to 1 month for Live2D) to complete depending on factors such as health, the complexity of the commissioned piece, other work, and convention scheduling. This timeline begins for you when I begin your commission, not when I accept it. If you have a tight deadline or need a rush order, this might incur an extra fee.
For Illustrations and Body Pillows: once the piece is finished, you will receive the full-resolution images along with a web-friendly version.
As a body pillow commission, one copy of the pillowcase comes included in the price, along with free shipping (US domestic ONLY, international must pay a shipping fee.) These pillowcases will add an additional 2-4 week waiting period to be printed and shipped to the artist.
Extra copies of the pillowcase may be purchased for $12 each, and pillow keychain sizes may be purchased for $2 each.
EU/UK and other international customers can expect to pay VAT or other taxes upon the pillowcase reaching your country. This is handled through your government, not me, so I have no information on how to deal with this.
Please give US domestic orders about 3-5 days (up to 2 weeks) to arrive, and international orders about 3-5 weeks (up to 2 months) to arrive. If your order hasn’t arrived by the maximum length of time provided, please reach out and I will assist you as best as I can.
For Live2D: once the piece(s) is finished, you will receive the full-resolution model along with a Vtube Studio compatible stream-ready version. You may use the files in whichever streaming software you wish, just note that the files will only come setup for Vtube Studio automatically. I will only provide the runtime export of the rigged file, not the Live2D project file.
If you need me to rig a previously-rigged model, you must provide written permission from the model artist and previous rig artist.
You will get 3 rounds of revisions on the commissioned piece included in the price (once after the sketch, again after the lines, and a final round after the colors are completed).
A fee will be added if you request changes beyond those three rounds-unless a mistake or misunderstanding has been made on my end.
You must provide clear visual references (even a Pinterest board is fine, though if I am required to finalize the character’s design, that will incur an extra “designing” fee). Any revisions due to unclear references will incur an additional fee.
05 Copyright & Usage
I, Hanna Schroy/Elefluff (the artist):
- reserve the right to cancel and refund the order at any time for any reason.
- retain all copyrights over the commissioned artwork, including commercial rights to resell any fanart designs as prints, pillowcases, keychains, etc. Original character designs will not be resold.
- reserve the right to post the commissioned artwork online, in my portfolio as well as in publications such as art books.
You, (the customer/commissioner):
- must include credit for Live2D models in your SNS bio(s) and about page(s).
- may upload the commissioned artwork to any website and social channels, with proper credit to the artist.
- may NOT make profits from the commissioned piece (reselling, redistributing, uploading to Print-On-Demand services, make prints, etc).
- may NOT alter the commissioned artwork without the artist’s written consent.
- may NOT use the commissioned artwork for commercial purposes. If you would like to discuss commercial rates, please contact me via the email at the top of the page.
- may NOT use the commissioned artwork to train AI or involve it in any blockchain/web 3.0 technologies (i.e. NFTs).
- may be allowed to resell the artwork if it is part of an adoptable transaction. Please discuss this with me prior to purchasing the commission.
- retain all rights to the intellectual property (IP) of any original characters (OCs). IP of fanart characters remains with the IP holder.
The following is considered copyright infringement:
- Reproducing/using the copyrighted artwork commercially (i.e. making money off the artwork in any way not excluded from these terms).
- Claiming the artwork as your own.
- Altering the artwork without the artist’s consent.
In some cases, the commercial rights to the image may be purchased.
06 Cancellation & Refund Policy
The commissioner is not allowed a refund once I star working on the commission.
If for any reason I am unable to start your commission, you will receive a full refund.
If you cancel your order before I start it, you can get a full refund.
If you are getting a refund, do NOT request a PayPal chargeback. I will transfer the money back to you myself.
If you request a PayPal chargeback at any point, you will lose all aforementioned rights to the commissioned piece and I will retain all rights to the image. I will decline the chargeback and supply PayPal with our conversations as evidence that I have completed the work requested by you and you will be blacklisted from commissioning me again.
These terms and conditions are based on a template, available here, with permission from the original creator.